Monday 16 December 2013

sand between my toes and other delights

What delights your senses?  The smell of coffee is guaranteed to put a smile on my face.  Long before I enjoyed drinking it, the scent comforted me because I associate it with my mother's kitchen.  My daily ritual is to brew a cup first thing in the morning; my family knows better than to disturb me before I've finished! 

 I'm particular about the blend and try to buy organic, fair-trade- even on my small budget.  I prefer using a stove top method, but my cute little Italian Bialetti broke and had to be thrown out this year.  A few days later my friend surprised me with a simple cafetiere, which I've been happily using ever since.  

Each week I look forward to meeting my girlfriends for coffee. Often we meet at each other's houses, but I love going out.  I mean, who can resist feeling gorgeous with a heart in her cup?  

 

Food and drink are my biggest indulgences.  Even the sight of something delicious gives me the warm fuzzies.  If it's sweet I'm all over it! Just call me cupcake.  (And, yes, it was as good as it looks!)

We are blessed to live on the coast.  My children and I also had the good fortune to travel abroad for most of the summer.  Some of my favorite memories of this year involve feeling the sand between my toes, reading in the sun, and listening to the waves crash, while the boys played soccer on the beach. Just imagine the cool breeze at sunset, carrying the sound of laughter.  You'll find us there.





This post is part of Reverb 13.  To learn more about this storytelling project click here

Give us a sensory tour of 2013.  How would you describe the year's passing in terms of sight?  Sound?  Smell? Taste?  Touch?

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Tasted the cupcake and smelled the ocean. :)

    Thanks for sharing in Reverb. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to connect with you through Reverb, Tracy! Thanks for your comment. :)

      Delete
  2. Ahhh there really is so much goodness to recall when we take the time to reflect! Thanks for providing the space for us to remember the events of 2013, Kat. x

    ReplyDelete